Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if my Honey becomes crystallized?
In Raw Honey crystallization is perfectly natural and does not affect the quality of the product in the slightest. Crystallized honey is also known as Spun, Creamed or Whipped honey. Some people prefer it this way, as it makes a great spreadable product perfect for toast, bagels or just about anything you would use honey for. Raw honey contains both glucose and fructose and in each type of honey. These two sugars crystallize at different rates. The higher the glucose content the quicker the honey crystallizes. Our highest glucose flavor is Meadowfoam, next would be Blackberry.
If you prefer smooth, liquid honey here’s what you can do:
- Leave it in the glass jar and place the jar into a pot and fill the pot with water about 3/4 of the way the side of the jar.
- Bring the temperature of the water up until its warm, anywhere from 80-100 degrees will work. (If it’s too hot it will pasteurize the raw honey. )
- Every couple of minutes give it a stir. This will break up the crystals and speed up the process.
- Once the crystals fully dissolve take it out and you’re CBD honey is ready to go.
- DO NOT USE the microwave to heat honey. It will pasteurize the honey and burn your CBD giving the product a very bitter aftertaste.
We recommend that your Bumble B Well honey products are tightly closed and stored somewhere dry and away from sunlight in the glass containers they come in. The temperature should be maintained between 50-70 degrees. Any higher and you might lose some of the nutrients and benefits raw honey can provide. At lower temperatures the crystallization process speed up.